«Faber est suae quisque fortunae»

(Apio Claudio)

«Hinc tibi certandi bona parcendique uoluptas:

quos timuit superat, quos superauit amat»

(Rutilio Namaciano)

domingo, 15 de mayo de 2016

Sentimientos a flor de piel de Henry M. Paulson Jr. en la quiebra de Lehman Brothers

Henry M. Paulson Jr.: "On the brink. Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System", Business Plus, 2011, p. 215:

All weekend I´d been wearing my crisis armor, but now I felt my guard slipping as I gave in to anxiety. I knew I had to call my wife, but I didn´t want to do it from the landline in my office because other people were there. So I walked around the corner to a spot near some windows on the other side of the elevators and phoned Wendy, who had just returned from church. I told her about Lehman´s unavoidable bankruptcy and the looming problems with AIG.

“Whay if the system collapses?” I asked her. “Everybody is looking to me, and I don´t have the answer. I am really scared.”

“You needn´t be afraid,” Wendy said. “Your job is to reflect God, Infinite Mind, and you can rely on Him.”

I asked her to pray for me, and for the country, and to help me cope with this sudden onslaught of fear. She immediatly quoted from the Second Book of Timothy, verse 1:7—“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

The verse was a favourite of both of ours. I found it comforting and felt my strength come back with the reassurance. With great gratitude, I was able to return to the business at hand. I called Josh Bolten and New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg to alert them that Lehman would file for bankruptcy that evening.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario